Microsoft does something right, then finds a way to disappoint…

UPDATE the Second: After quite a bit of googleBing, I discovered a post about “Power Button / Volume Up” for 30 secs after an incomplete / failed update. Using that technique got the SP3 running again, screen right side up, keyboard working. ¬†With fingers crossed, I tried the new power supply, and it appears to …

Continue reading ‘Microsoft does something right, then finds a way to disappoint…’ »

Update: Win8.1 -> Win10 experience

Went searching for a solution to the SSL problem, and I think I found one. (Unfortunately, I can’t find the source at the moment, but I’m still looking.) It seems BitDefender was the issue — turning off “Scan SSL” seems to have worked on my Surface Pro 3, although I need to spend more time …

Continue reading ‘Update: Win8.1 -> Win10 experience’ »